Orvieto to Argentario Bike Tour Description
Take a bike trip in Umbria and Tuscany, between towns rich in history and ancient ruins, beautiful landscapes, stunning seaside routes, and beautiful lakes.
May 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th
June 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd
September 7th 14th, 21st, 28th
Price per person
In double room € 1250
Single supplement € 420
Bike rental € 175
On this Italian bike tour from Orvieto to Argentario, local cuisine, nature, archeology and art are combined to create the cycling trip of a lifetime. Relax on the lake and by the sea, visiting culturally important sites along the way, from Orvieto to Capalbio. This cycling tour of Italy will take you on an ever-changing route through the stunning Umbria and Tuscany regions. If this cycling tour interests you, our Tuscan Coast and Islands bike tour may also pique your interest.
From the Calanchi Valley, the ‘dying city’ carries the signs and stories from long ago. Cycle along beaches and fishing towns, eventually leading towards the incredible Bolsena and its beautiful lake. In the Marta River countryside, we will find Tuscania, guardian of two of the first examples of the Early Christian Basilica. Old roads immersed in nature will lead us to the coast. Every step of this Italian cycling tour from Orvieto to Argentario is packed with natural beauty unique to Italy. If you're looking for a very different kind of beauty, you may like to consider YuBike Tours' cycling trips in the Netherlands.
You will discover the excavations of the town of Vulci, a complete Etruscan city discovered by chance at the banks of the River Fiora. The Tuscan Maremma will frame and contextualise the magical world of the French sculptor Niki de Saint Phalle with its colossal works dressed in brilliant colors that blend with the surrounding nature. The sea breeze on the Tuscan coast offers different aromas to in-land areas, mixing up the scents and sounds we experience along the way on this cycling trip. There's something incredibly special about cycling along Italy's coast. Towards the end of this Italian cycling tour, we will climb and explore the excavations of the city of Cosa and visit Feniglia and the Lagoon of Orbetello. Check out our entire range of Italian cycling tours and please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.
Highlights of this Orvieto to Argentario Cycling Tour
- Civita di Bagnoregio: Old town and church of S. Donato (XV century).
- Bolsena: Caves of St. Cristina and Catacombs (IV-V century), Church of St. Francesco (XIII century), Orsini Castle (XIII century), Archaeological Area Vulsinii (III century BC).
- Capodimonte: Old town and Islands Martana and Bisentina.
- Tuscania: Basilica of St. Peter (VIII-XIII century) cosmaten floors mosaics and crypt, the Church of Santa Maria Maggiore (V-XII century) with frescoes by Giotto school and Carolingian pulpit, remains of the ancient Roman-Etruscan city.
- Vulci: Naturalistic-Archaeological Park with remains of an Etruscan-Roman city, Tomb François, Pellicone Lake, medieval Castle and museum with objects from the Villanovian, Etruscan and Roman period unearthed in the site.
- Tarquinia (optional): Etruscan necropolis, Archeological Museum and historical center.
- Ansedonia: Archaeological site of the city of Cosa and Museum. Etruscan gorge and Spacco della Regina.
- Porto Ercole: The old city center, La Rocca, Forte Filippo and Star-shaped Fortification (XV century).
- Feniglia: Archaeological site “Il tombolo di Feniglia”. Iron Age IX-VII B.C.
- Gravicchio: The Tarot Garden by Niki De Saint Phalle (XX century).
Intermediate, 175 km (108ml)